So moving in with your significant other is not all rainbows and unicorns and often I think couples believe that moving in together will solve ALLL of their problems and everything will just go on being A-Okay. Right? Wrong!
There are good and bad sides to moving in together… here are 5 things that couples don’t tell you happen when they move in together.
1. So you know all those annoying little quirks you thought were cute when you were dating? They won’t be cute anymore. Don’t get me wrong they will still be there and you will find them adorable at times… but then other times they will be the reason you are aggravated. Those quirky little habits will be the big elephant in the room that you once thought was sweet, cute, adorable, funny, etc.
2. What is mine is yours and what is yours is mine literally becomes a rule for everything! For example — using her flat iron to straighten out the edges of your button up shirt in the morning, because you are too lazy or in too much of a hurry to get the ironing board and iron out. OR that junk food you had in the freezer … yeah you have to share.
3. Peeing, pooping, farting, eating… it is all out there.. no more hiding it. You will see EVERY side of your spouse. In every way. In every place. In every stage of the day and night. Embrace it. This becomes an issue for some, but if your spouse loves you then none of those vulnerable moments will matter.
4. Your little spats will become big arguments. If she is controlling you now she will only be more controlling when you move in with her. The trust issues he has will be twenty times worse when you move in. Everything will be magnified and in your face the second the newly moved in together, puppy dog phase wears off.
5. Me time will be scarce but it will be important and needed. Make sure you are taking the time away to refresh. If you don’t all of the above will be much much worse as time goes on. Even if it means sitting in separate rooms for a few hours. Take the time alone to do the things you enjoy.Don’t get me wrong some couples move in together and you never hear about problems they are having. If you believe that everyone else around you has a perfect relationship then they have you fooled…
What little things do you think changed in your relationship once you moved in together?
Let me know in the comments!
PS Stay tuned on my blog. Next Monday I will be sharing more detailed stories about things that changed after moving in with my ex (almost) husband.
Hey! My name is Brittani and I had the pleasure of writing a guest post for Breanna. I am the creator and writer for The Good, The Bad and The Ugly at http://www.goodbadugly98.com
. I am a 23 year old divorced (almost) mother of two toddlers. My ex (almost) husband is a registered sex offender who cheated on me with a minor… before that there were multiple other things going on that landed him where he is now. If you want to know more about my story, follow my dating tips, and motivational posts please follow me on Facebook
! I can’t wait to hear from you. Talk to you soon! ❤
Thank you so much Brittani for sharing your article! Everyone go check her out on her website. ❤